The simulations were performed with the atmospheric component of the ICON model. The model was run with the physics package used for numerical weather prediction (version 2.1.00) and with R2B04 horizontal resolution (approximately 160km) with 47 levels extending up to 75km. A time step of 720s was used.
We used a present-day setup and the cloud-locking method to determine the impact of cloud-radiative changes.
For the cloud-locked simulations, the number after T (sea-surface temperature) and C (cloud-radiative properties) are
- 1 for the control simulation (CTL)
- 2 for the uniform SST increase (UNI)
- 3 for the patterned SST increase (PAT)
4d (time-lev-lat-lon) data
- ICON-NWP_AMIP_free_3d_mm.nc (control simulation)
- ICON-NWP_AMIP4K_free_3d_mm.nc (uniform 4K SST increase)
- ICON-NWP_AMIPFuture_free_3d_mm.nc (patterned SST increase)
Files contain monthly-mean data for 30 years (free clouds) and 29 years (locked clouds), respectively. The first simulated year is excluded from the files (spin-up period).
Partial Radiative Perturbation Calculation
- ICON-NWP_prp_T1C1_vs_T1C2_3d_mm.nc (PRP for uniform SST increase)
- ICON-NWP_prp_T1C1_vs_T1C3_3d_mm.nc (PRP for patterned SST increase)
Files contain monthly-mean data for 29 years. The first simulated year is excluded from the files (spin-up period).
storm track data
st_ICON-NWP_AMIP_T?C?_geopot500.nc: time-mean storm track (mean over all years)
st_T?C?_1980to2008.nc: time series of annual-mean storm track data
st_ICON-NWP_AMIP_T?C?_geopot500_DJF.nc: time-mean storm track for DJF season (mean over all years)
st_T?C?_1980to2008_DJF.nc: time series of DJF storm track data
-> analogously for MAM, JJA, SON