KIT | KIT-Bibliothek | Impressum | Datenschutz

Comparative survey of evaluated nuclear data libraries for fusion-relevant neutron activation spectrometry

JET Contributors; Raj, Prasoon; Fischer, Ulrich; Klix, Axel


The neutron flux-spectrum in a fusion device is frequently determined with activation foils and adjustment of a guess-spectrum in unfolding codes. Spectral-adjustment being a rather complex and uncertain procedure, we are carefully streamlining and evaluating it for upcoming experiments. Input nuclear cross-section data holds a vital position in this. This paper presents a survey of common dosimetry reactions and available data files relevant for fusion applications. While the IRDFF v1.05 library is the recommended source, many reactions of our interest are found missing in this. We investigated other standard sources: ENDF/B-VIII.0, EAF-2010, TENDL-2017, JENDL-4.0 etc. And, we analysed two experiments to ascertain the sensitivity of the spectral adjustment to the choice of nuclear data. One was performed with D-D (approx. 2.5 MeV peak) neutrons at the Joint European Torus (JET) machine and another with a white neutron field (approx. 33 MeV endpoint energy) at Nuclear Physics Institute (NPI) of Řež. Choice of cross-section source has affected the integral fluxes (<5%), reaction rates (<10%), total fluxes in some sensitive energy-regions (>20%) and individual group fluxes (<30%). ... mehr

Verlagsausgabe §
DOI: 10.5445/IR/1000124903
Veröffentlicht am 20.10.2020
DOI: 10.1051/epjconf/202023921003
Cover der Publikation
Zugehörige Institution(en) am KIT Institut für Neutronenphysik und Reaktortechnik (INR)
Publikationstyp Zeitschriftenaufsatz
Publikationsjahr 2020
Sprache Englisch
Identifikator ISSN: 2100-014X
KITopen-ID: 1000124903
HGF-Programm 31.03.08 (POF III, LK 01) Neutronik
Erschienen in The European physical journal / Web of Conferences
Verlag EDP Sciences
Band 239
Seiten Article: 21003
Vorab online veröffentlicht am 30.09.2020
Nachgewiesen in Dimensions
KIT – Die Forschungsuniversität in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft
KITopen Landing Page