This repository contains research data contributing to the Advanced Materials publication
"Fused-silica 3D chiral metamaterials via helium-assisted micro-casting supporting topologically protected twist edge resonances with high mechanical quality factors"
by J. Köpfler, T. Frenzel, J. Schmalian, and M. Wegener.
- contains the 3D printing files for the microstructure casts and a file that was used to design the 3D microcast
- contains the digital microscope images and the data table that was used to determine the geometrical dimensions of the fused-silica microstructures
- contains the files for the FEM-calculations of the band structure, eigenmodes and resonances of the microstructure with the determined geometrical dimensions
- contains files for comparison of the calculated band structure with the measured resonance data
- contains the image series that were acquired during the frequency sweeps to determine the resonances of the polymer forks, fused-silica tuning forks, the fused silica 3D chiral microstructure, and the excitation of the piezo actuator at the microstructure bottom plate
- contains the scripts to extract displacement data and generate the resonance plots etc.
Experimental data treatment:
Image cross-correlation was performed using the "grid_generator_" functions on the digital images, followed by the "automate_images_" functions. The resulting datasets "validx.dat" and "validy.dat" for the tracked x- and y-displacements are loaded, processed, collected, and plotted via the specific "combine_parts_" functions in the individual measurement folders. Details can be found in the "paper_contribution.txt" files in the individual folders.