Statistics on turbulent forced convection pipe flow with different thermal boundary conditions for two Prandtl numbers
This database features velocity and thermal statistics for fluids of Prandtl numbers Pr=0.71, 0.025 and bulk Reynolds numbers of Re=5300, 11700, 19000, 37700 in a fully-developed forced convection pipe flow.
The different types of thermal boundary conditions are isothermal ("IT"), mixed-type boundary condition ("MBC") and isoflux ("IF") as given in the accompanying publication.
The detailed description of the numerical setup and discussion of the statistics contained in this database are given in the accompanying publication: Straub, Forooghi, Marocco, Wetzel, Vinuesa, Schlatter, Frohnapfel (2019) "The influence of thermal boundary conditions on turbulent forced convection pipe flow at two Prandtl numbers". International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2019.
- Velocity statistics:
- Friction Reynolds number
- Mean velocity, Reynolds stresses
- Budgets of Reynolds stresses and turbulent kinetic energy
- Thermal statistics:
- Nusselt number and its contributions
- Mean temperature, temperature variance and turbulent heat fluxes
- Budgets of temperature variance and turbulent heat flux